Tuesday, November 24, 2009

All Things Baby

I just found out that my friend is having a baby girl. She is due in April. Also, my sister in law is pregnant with my ninth niece or nephew (that's right, I said NINTH). Also, I have a couple of friends who have had babies in the last year or so. So, I am going to be working on some baby things for a while.
Last night I started making the happy stacker ring toy below for my friend Steph's baby. Steph chose the fabric on the right. I think it is going to turn out to be really cute.


















I am planning on making a log cabin style quilt for my friend's baby that is due in April. I chose the fabric below to make up the center pieces of each block. I will use other coordinating fabrics to make up the rest of each block.

I am going to wait until I know the sex of my niece or nephew before starting a project for him or her, but I will likely make another baby quilt. I am so excited. I cannot wait to find out.

Finally, I will probably do some of the projects from Amy Butler's book, Little Stitches for Little Ones. Everything in this book looks so cute and I haven't used it at all in the few months that I've had it.

So, keeping checking back. I will be posting pictures of the finished products and reviews of the patterns I use.













1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I will have to try a few of these, Sam. You should make some baby booties. I found a free pattern on line. See tracyladiessewing.blogspot.com to find the link to the pattern. I also picked up a sewing/knitting book of vintage baby/toddler things called "Pretty little things to make". I'll have to put up info when I create a few of these to let you know if it's worth looking at!

    ReplyDelete